HVAC EPA 608 CFC Certification Course
|Instructor(s)||Office Location and Hours|
CC Prep Main Campus
2405 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20020
Monday-Thursday 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
The HVAC CFC 608 class is a three-part course designed to help facilitate students' prior knowledge of HVAC systems and apply that knowledge in the topic of refrigerant recovery as well as provide a platform for introductory knowledge of HVAC systems. This course will review the rules and regulations regarding refrigerant recovery, recycling and reclaiming, and the effects of refrigerants on the environment. In addition to the text, students will utilize handouts and other resources identified by the instructor to assist with the completion of the course. At the end of the course, students will sit for the "EPA Section 608 Universal HVAC Technician" credential.
The acquisition of the HVAC CFC 608 Universal Certification; meaning that you have acquired the: Core, Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3 certifications defines successfully completing the course.
Students who obtain their HVAC CFC 608 Universal Certification are eligible to enroll in our HVAC Hands-On Bench Training in partnership with Neighborhood Organized Workforce (NOW).
The duration of both the HVAC CFC 608 Certification Course and the HVAC Hands On Course is 8 weeks.
- Students are expected to attend class Monday through Thursday
- Students are expected to be on time at 5:00 pm
Student Attendance Responsibility
- Notify Vocational Coordinator and Course Instructor of absence or tardiness at least 30 minutes prior to class starting
To enter the HVAC Course students have to complete the following:
- Attend CC Prep Awareness Session
- TABE Pre-Test (minimum 541 Scale Score in Reading)
- Complete CC Prep Orientation Process
- Notebook or Composition Book to take notes
- Pen and or Pencil
Required Text (Or Materials)
ESCO Institute HVAC EPA 608 Certification Preparatory Manual (English), Text Book, ESCO Institute