Welcome to the Community College Preparatory Academy Internship Program!
An internship is a well-defined short-term work/learning experience to help students prepare for a career outside of their school environment. With intentional learning and performance goals, supervision, and evaluation, interns apply their skills to “real world” experiences, enhancing their education and adding value to the employer.
Internships are offered to fulfill a variety of needs for an institution. Some employers have specific projects that an intern will assist with; while others will assist staff in fulfilling routine duties. Employers reap many benefits from hiring interns, including: meeting project needs, meeting changes in institutional restructuring needs, bringing new, innovative ideas to the workplace and avoiding long-term budget commitments, etc.
At Community College Preparatory Academy, we are committed to enhancing students’ professional and educational experiences. Through Internships students may establish or build on their career development. As an intern you will be deeply immersed in your assigned duties and presented opportunities to demonstrate growth in areas of professionalism, soft skills, computer competence, organization, generating reports and accountability.
Once an intern expresses interest in the program and have fulfilled the preliminary requirements, he or she is matched with an employee or department based on the availability. After a mandatory, introductory orientation, interns will transition to their designated departments where they will receive additional briefing and begin their duties.
Intern Selection Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled full time at CC-Prep.
- Must currently have a minimum 75% attendance.
- Must maintain a minimum 75% attendance.
- Shall have signed and agreed to position description and performance evaluation.
- Shall sign to acknowledge receipt of Intern Handbook.
- Must commit to a minimum four (4) months internship with option of renewal.
- Must demonstrate casual professional to professional dress.
- Must have followed through with school commitments (SSS, Case Manager, and Instructional, other).
- Intern must provide 2-3 references. One CC-Prep staff, one character and one professional (Professional reference – may switch out with character reference)
For more information and to check availability, please contact Anoa N'Diaye by email at email@example.com